Wednesday 29 September 2021

PEI essence

 PEI Essence

What do Auckland, Koblenz, Chippawa, Cozumel, Melk, Albufira, Playa Del Carmen, St. Martin, and Thornbury have in common with Stanhope?  They are some of my favourite rides along water, but except for Cozumel and Stanhope, all the rest were on rented bikes.  Today I cycled along the North Coast on my own green Gecko.  Unfortunately, there was a flat tire, but thanks to a good Samaritan with a pump, I made it back to my car without having to change a tire.  47 km from Robinson Island to Queen's point and back.  And bonus, my car charged while I was out riding.  Thanks PEI National Park for the charge at 40 amps which took half the time it does at home.






Being here in a shoulder season, has its pluses and minuses.  Plus: Not too many people anywhere, Minus: many of the attractions are on limited hours or closed, and the internet still says they are open.  

The other truly Island activity today was a New Glascow Lobster Supper.  They are the original lobster supper since 1958.  I don't eat lobster anywhere in Ontario, it's just so good here.


No comments:

Post a Comment