Wednesday 8 September 2021

Time with the girls

 There are many reasons to visit Sweden:  beautiful nature, excellent cycling on trails everywhere, nice gardening weather, great places to have lunch, and while I am enjoying all those aspects of the country, the real reason I am here is to spend time with family, specifically two little girls.  With adults whom you have known for a long time, video chats are OK to keep in touch, but with little kids, they need a physical presence to really get to know you.  Tova and Rowan are 8 and 6 respectively and it has been 21 months since we were last together.  My what a change!

So tonight Richard and Jennie are off at a country inn for mountain biking, dinner, overnight and breakfast.  The two of them have not had a night away together since 2017 and I was delighted when they accepted my offer to take care of the girls for an evening.  We had frozen quiche for supper, chatted with their Toronto cousins then made cookies together, and decorated them.  It was a wonderful time, enjoyed by all, especially the sampling!



In addition, I am taking each of the girls by themselves for an afternoon with Oma.  We go for a snack of their choice  and then shop for some clothing -- their choice.  Rowan picked her favourite chocolate and marzipan confection and then a 2 piece bunny outfit.  I take Tova tomorrow and she has already indicated that what she needs are black pants.  It is so nice to be able to concentrate on each one individually as they have very different personalities and so my relationship with each is very different.  For me that is very important to get to know each one better.


No comments:

Post a Comment