Thursday 23 September 2021

A 'People' adventure

 Most of my posts focus on places I go and things that I do.  Sometimes it includes people that I know, but rarely does it include someone I have not seen in 50 years.

My cousin Karin has always lived out east -- first in Nova Scotia and then in New Brunswick.  There were a few times she visited Ontario with her Mom and siblings, but this was always home.  A few years ago we reconnected via Facebook.  So, when I knew I would be driving through here, I took a chance and contacted her to see if we could meet.  She agreed and even drove way out of her way to meet me at an interchange on the Trans Canada. 


 

We connected at Tim's and caught up on 50 years of each other's lives, the up and downs and sideways motion of existence.  We have lots in common and it was great to catch up.  I don't think it will be 50 years till we meet again.

New Brunswick hasn't change much, but the new 4 lane divided highway down the St. John river valley sure beats the old road which stopped in every little town and took forever.  The same upgrade is currently being done on the Quebec side up to the St. Lawrence.  Visiting will be so easy.

My hotel is literally next door to Magnetic Hill.  I think I will do the magic tomorrow morning.  My drive to Charlottetown is only another 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment