Wednesday 22 September 2021

Road Trip

 I started today, on a road trip which I have done a number of times before -- driving to PEI.  I think the first time I did it was in the mid seventies, and not much has changed.  The drive through Toronto is always a challenge, even at 6:30 am, but today there was significant rainfall and stretches where there was grooved pavement with ponding.  Oh, and that was still in the dark.  Hopefully, the worst part of the drive, certainly the rest of the day was much better.  The rain stopped after Kingston and there was no significant traffic volume after Toronto.  There is now a toll road to avoid going through downtown Montreal and that certainly seemed like a good way to spend $2.40.  I stopped 3 times before arriving here in Levis at the Day's Inn just off the TransCanada highway.  Each stop had a snack and a  walk so the 850 km were no problem.  I arrived here about 3:45, found an IGA for some easy supper and plan an early bedtime.  So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment