Thursday 2 September 2021

Cleaning

 I hate cleaning.  Perhaps I should clarify:  I hate cleaning my own space.  When I clean in someone else's space, it is, for me, no longer cleaning which is the main focus, but doing something with or for someone else.  And that makes all the difference.  Also, cleaning at home is a never-ending chore.  When I clean somewhere else, it is a task which can be completed and is appreciated -- win/win.

This last few days, I have been here in Gavle.  The garden needs weeding and I have been tackling the grass.  Gardening is something I love intrinsically, so it is a delight to see how this garden is developing, having worked in it for many years.  Unfortunately, with Jennie laid up due to the snake bite, it has received less attention than usual, and so working even a short time, makes a big difference.  There is, fortunately, a very large garden waste bin available, so the cleanup is easy.





But the focus of yesterday and this morning, was clearing out the garage and the workroom into a 6m x 2m storage container.  No one I know has as many bikes or skis as Rich and Jenn.  And, then there are also all the accessories to go with them.  Thankfully, the unit has lots of shelves and we had lots of boxes and bags.  The only thing left to move now is the upright freezer and that will come out into the carport at the last moment.  The walls need to be removed as there is water in the plasterboard to a height of 1m -- mold potential -- and the floor sanded and sanitized.  Once that is done, the freezer can go back in to the garage and wait for probably 3 months before the reconstruction is done.  It will be a long fall, but the camping stuff is at the very back of the storage unit, while Christmas stuff is closer to the front -- have to be organized.  Going through all the stuff is a great thing to do, but I don't really want a flood to be the impetus for doing it at my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment