Saturday 7 June 2014

Blue Danube

It is not blue.
But it is a different colour than the other two rivers which join it here in Passau.  It is the start of my bike and boat tour along this major European river for the next week. I caught the transfer from the Munich Airport area just before nine and arrived here by ten thirty despite a 'stau' or traffic jam.  My luggage was welcome on board right away it I needed to wait till about fiv pm.  So I explored the city and get a phone card. Thanks T-Mobile for a month package with some calls and unlimited internet. But typing on the phone is a pain.  Also went into the Dom and just as I was about to leave the organ started and played for thirty minutes. Fantastic.

My cabin is a compact little spot at the back of the boat on the deck closest to the water line.  I love it.

I am assigned to a table with two British couples and they seem fine dinner companions. I think this is going to be fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment