Tuesday 25 June 2013

Last of Scotland

How to wrap up the Scotland visit?

Did I see all the sites of the area?  Did I try all of the Scottish delicacies?  Did I get the feel of all the different areas?  Did I get all the bargains?

No.  But:  I saw the cities, old and new; the sea coast; and the countryside.  I tried the shortbread, the haggis, the ecklefechan tart, mild and strong cheese, the local cider, fish on the waterfront, the ploughman's lunch, scones, beef and ale pie, and rabbit at Jamie Oliver's Italian restaurant.  I spoke to locals on the bus, listened to a number of guides on the buses, walked through the botanical garden, strolled around the seashore, and spoke to guides at local attractions.  I found a dress for a wedding, scarves, colouring books, socks.

How wonderful that there is still lots of Edinburgh left for me to come and explore should the opportunity present itself.

Today's picture is of Rhonda and me in front of a lion statue in St. Andrew's square.  It is carved out of the red sandstone that is so typical of buildings of the area.  The picture shows that sharing a good experience, makes it truly memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment