Wednesday 5 June 2013

C34 June 5

Maybe all the flights to Amsterdam leave from this gate or this area, because it looks very familiar from just a month ago.  I guess you are a frequent flyer when you know where the electricity plugs are and which ones are working and which are not.  Even the people pushing bank accounts/credit cards are still here.  Even this computer was familiar with the wifi connection.

I contemplate the changes in air travel in just my short experience.  Of course the hand written, 6 carbon copy tickets have gone, but even etickets are no longer necessary.  I just put my passport into the check-in kiosk and they knew all about my trip and issued the boarding passes for both legs of this journey.  And I haven't even got a smartphone yet.

While in line to drop off my baggage, the KLM rep was offering everyone a special deal to use the lounge -- a far cry from the exclusive hallowed sanctuary of yesteryear.  And there weren't any takers.

Travelling alone -- not a scary prospect but quite a pleasant thought.  I enjoy my companions on other trips, but I also like the freedom of worrying just about me.  I am SO looking forward to the platform in Gavle tomorrow where I meet little miss Tova Elise!


No comments:

Post a Comment