Wednesday 19 June 2013

No sad goodbye

First, let me correct an omission and show a picture of Jennie -- the lovely mom to the new little Tova Elise (who is one month old today).  She has made me feel incredibly welcome in their home, walked me all through town, helped with technical computer and phone difficulties, showed me the possible daycares for little one, endlessly explained and answered all my questions about Sweden, Swedish language, Swedish geography, translated in stores and markets and socially, and even indulged my fanaticism for cheese.
One fabulous lady -- all the while still recovering from a difficult birth.  Thanks so much for all you have done , Jenn.

Today has been my last day in Sweden.  I am sure the fact that it is a vacation spot with now 3 added benefits has something to do with the fact that I truly enjoy this spot, but it is a wonderful place to live.  I shall miss the culture that cycles to work, shop and play on bicycle paths along highways, under major roads, and with their own traffic lights.  I shall miss the simple joys of walking on lovely paths in the woods just 3 minutes out of the door.  I shall miss the sea just down the road.  I shall miss the lovely sourdough at Epi.  I shall miss the cafe culture of stopping and smelling the roses (or the cardamom buns) along the way.  And you might well ask why I don't live at home more this way -- I will try.  But I will still miss Richard, Jennie and Tova Elise.

Tomorrow morning it is off to Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment