Wednesday 17 August 2022

Clara is the adventure

Sometimes the adventure is the time, sometimes it is the place, sometimes it is the event, and sometimes it is the person.  This is the adventure focused on Clara.  It is her '10th Birthday adventure with Oma', but a year late due to the pandemic.  

For a long time I did not know Clara.  She was the second child, and Kieran has always been a dominant personality.  When he went to Kindergarten and I had a year with just her on Mondays, I became close to this little gem.  She is thoughtful, artistic, funny, athletic and very social.  When picking her up at school, there were always a number of kids who called out to say goodbye.  In June she was one of the valedectorians for her Grade 5 class and one of the top students.  

So this year it is her turn to travel with me.  She originally wanted to go to Paris, but I don't go to France with them.  What I can offer the kids is a unique visit to Germany where I know the language and some of the things to see and do.  

Kieran and I did a cycling trip along the Rhine river, but Clara was not interested in cycling.  What she wanted to experience was castles and bakeries.  So Germany is a great place to visit.

We have some specific plans especially in the first few days while we are in Munich.  City tours and a visit to Linderhof and Neuschwanstein castles.  Then it is on to Passau where we board a ship and do an adventure up the Danube, across the canal and into the Main.  We end up in Frankfurt.  It is an area that I have not been.  That is a bonus, but the true adventure is experiencing this tour through the eyes of our Clarabelle.  Everything old is new again.



No comments:

Post a Comment