Friday 19 August 2022

More Adventure than Expected

One can plan months ahead, check timetables days ahead and be on the platform early, but you never know what adventure lies ahead.

Today was the trip from Munich to Passau in order to board the ship tomorrow.  

I had bought the 9 euro special summer ticket back in Canada.  I checked on Wednesday at the DB office to get the best connection for the trip.  We were on platform 25, complete with snacks, at 10:10.  All good.

At Wort we needed to change transportation to a shuttle bus that would take us to Prattling for the rest of the journey by train.  I guess they didn't plan for quite so many people.  The bus was STUFFED for the 1.25 hour trip.  Clara and I were both standing with our suitcases the whole time.  But we made it to the train and then to Passau.  

We found our hotel with no problem.  Dropped off our suitcases and the baby blankets that I was carrying for a friend from church to her friend here in Passau.  We found the Glass Museum and spent about 2 hours being awed by beauty in every colour, shape, ornamentation.  Well worth the visit.


We found a pizza for supper and checked out the confluence of the Danube and Inn rivers.  Amazing colour contrast, though the Danube is not blue.


Back to the hotel and I ducked out to pick up some fruit and veg.  I got the wifi password when I came back and started to look at the emails.

TROUBLE!  The Danube water level is too low for the ship and we are being booked on a sister ship leaving from Regensburg.  Now that was going to be our destination on Sunday, so it will mean taking a bus from Passau here to Regensburg, tomorrow afternoon.  I hope my late response to them (their email asked that one respond before 6 pm and I didn't look at it till 7pm) will still mean that everything works out.  

Never a dull moment! 

1 comment: