Wednesday 25 May 2022

Timing is everything

 From my recent posts about trains, I must conclude that timing is everything.  Well, if not everything, then at least very important.

On Saturday we planned to go to Furuvik -- the local amusement park/zoo.  Best way to get there is via train.  Getting ready took a bit longer than expected and we got to the train about 1 minute too late.  An hour to kill before the next one.  We wandered through the center of town, saw the lovely tulips, chased a butterfly, and picked up train treats plus a loaf of my favourite bread -- sourdough rye with sunflower seeds from Epi.  They only bake them on Fridays, so this was on the 30% off, day old pile.  What great timing.


I have managed to make it school on time with the girls every morning that I have taken them.  One day it was a bit rushed as we had been finishing Rowan's slippers, but it was fine.




This morning I finished my sweep through the gardens to pull out weeds.  The ground elder is particularly invasive from the side hedge into the flowers and the raspberries, but I got it all done and tossed in for the hens just before a moderate downpour.  Jennie and I had planted the vegetable beds last evening (it stays light till way past 9) and they had received a preliminary watering from Mother Nature overnight.  Great timing! And I cycled over to the grocery store for some stuff to take home without getting wet.


Jenn is one of those people who plans and therefore gets lots done for herself and for the family.  This afternoon I can help by picking up the girls from school and walking them over to violin class.  We have it timed!

No comments:

Post a Comment