Thursday 19 May 2022

The Double Birthday

 This day became a life-changing one for me 45 years ago when Richard was born, and 9 years ago, his older daughter was born on the same day, so May 19 is a very big deal for all of us.  And this year, it is the first time that I am celebrating with him and Tova Elise.  It is a privilege to be here and participate in the birthday traditions they have established. 


I walked the girls to school this morning, and just as they entered the gate, two of their very good friends jumped out from behind a bush and began to sing the Swedish birthday song.  How lovely! 

I made the cake yesterday and it could use some tweaking, so I guess I will need to make another when they come to visit in a month.  Everyone should try and improve.


We played a new memory board game and did a 200 piece puzzle.  The young ladies are delightfully competitive and encouraging.  Rowan gave Tova some eye makeup for her birthday.  They are both growing up so fast.  

Their house which had the basement totally flooded last summer is almost done -- better then before with a new bathroom and reworked space downstairs.  The garden we worked on last September is doing well -- even the weeds.  The rhubarb is as big as ever -- yesterday Tova and I both hid behind it during 'hide and seek'!  The four remaining hens seem happy with the buckets of weeds I throw into their enclosure.

Life is good!

2 comments: