Wednesday 11 September 2019

Spoiled

I admit it, I am truly spoiled.  In this case, I am referring to my bicycle.  The lovely little green two-wheeler which waits for me at home, was made by Hugh Black and is one of his True North bikes.  It has my name on it and more importantly, it was built to fit my body (with one arm longer than the other -- who knew?), and designed for my riding style (no more drop handlebars).  It has components which meet my needs and with its S and S couplers, can be taken apart to fit into a suitcase as big as one of the wheels.  Unfortunately, the airlines got wise and started charging huge amounts for bicycles, so now the most travelling it does is in the back of my car.

Since being here, I have had the bike on the boat -- a step through, very heavy 7 speed which performed well; the rental bike in Freiburg on which I did the 95 km (not a comfortable seat);


and here where Jennie has generously loaned me her bike --also a step through with a very handy basket and three speeds.  It is perfect for riding around town and amazing for grocery hauling.

But I miss my bike, which, more than any other bicycle I have ever been on, is a delight to ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment