Friday 6 September 2019

The Plant Mystery

Those of you who have been reading my blogs for a few years, have undoubtedly heard/seen the amazing rhubarb that grows in Jennie's garden.  I was never sure if it was the variety or the soil conditions -- Jenn said that she never fertilizes the stuff.  However, needless to add, it is ENORMOUS! Sorry I couldn't find a picture, but the stalks are truly the width of my forearm. 

Anyway, I was working in the garden today and now I have made a very interesting discovery.  It is not just the rhubarb which is mutant, look at the plant to the left of my size 9 running shoes -- it is one dandelion.  I have never seen anything like that!  My hypothesis is that there is something in the soil/area which has long been forgotten by the people, but not by the plants!
Yes, I positioned the picture to also show the rhubarb, which, in September, is still going strong.

1 comment:

  1. Atomic waste from the days when there was a military base close by?

    ReplyDelete