Wednesday 27 November 2019

Putting together pieces, November 27, 2019

Although I have only been home for 4 nights since the Mexico trip with Joanna and the kids, I managed to get to some of my regular activities -- specifically, Stained Glass class yesterday morning.

There was no half-finished project to complete, so I stood over my glass area on Tuesday morning and wondered what to do.  There was a container of green glass pieces which beckoned to me and I thought --Christmas Tree.  The tree is my dearest symbol of Christmas and I love decorating our tree with the lovely and the 'memories' ornaments.  The glass certainly would  provide the tree aspect, but I had to think of what could be the decorations.  Aha -- I have a box of single earings, the mates to which have been lost.  Don't ask why I saved them as I didn't plan on wearing mismatched earings, but this was the perfect project.

So at glass class, I assembled the pieces into a tree, my jigsaw experience coming in handy.  It came together quickly with a minimum of grinding necessary.  Then I started on the decorations.  I managed to attach a few earings, but had to finish at home this morning.  I totally melted one silver starfish in trying to attach it to the top of the tree, so a rhinestone from another earing had to serve as topper instead.  One large gold dangly leaf became several pieces of garland.  I managed to attach a sand dollar and the silver filigree 'tassles'.  The result is unique and not meant for anyone but me.

This trip is putting together some pieces of my childhood which I don't remember, so it is much like the tree --putting together the pieces and decorating it with leftover bits.  It promises to be unique too.


2 comments: