Thursday 19 January 2023

Old and New

 Old and New

The last few weeks, we have spent time in Chippawa, getting to know the town where we will live, hopefully by the end of the year.  It is strange because I grew up just outside of Chippawa on the farm, and so I know what the bridge used to be like, which stores sold ice cream, and what that building used to be.  I guess that what comes from getting old and revisiting places you have known before.

Today I got that feeling here in Gavle.  I have been enough times that now I notice changes -- Kapphal has moved out of the central mall, ICA has put in a store above Intersport.  There are numerous open spaces in the mall and washrooms are now free.  I learned how to navigate the local bus system and have a money loaded card.  The bistro at Sylvanum is, sadly, closed.  

The organ concert at the big church was all Bach and great-- amazingly there was a live video feed from the upper organ console to a screen at the front of the church so we could see the organist.

Old and new, life goes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment