Thursday 27 August 2015

Part of the family

Make no mistake, I love being treated as a guest.  I go to all inclusive resorts so that someone else prepares my meals, my room, my fancy drinks, my entertainment, my garden experience, my tours, etc.  Nowhere else do I get spoiled like at one of those resorts and I am fortunate to have had that kind of experience in many places and plan to continue as long as I am able to travel.

But here, I do not wish to be a guest.  I want to be cleaning the dishes, wiping a dirty bum, pulling weeds, carrying groceries, hanging up laundry, grating vegetables, cleaning rhubarb, picking apples as well as reading stories, playing lego, drawing airplanes, being a statue, giving under-doggies on the swing, walking with the baby bjorn, brushing someone else's teeth, pushing a stroller and watching Shaun the Sheep.  And at the end of the day, I want a hug and a blown kiss.  That's being a part of the family and part of the wee ones' lives.  I wouldn't trade it for any 7 star resort.

(My phone is saying there isn't enough memory to sync and upload the photos, so no pictures today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment