Friday 12 June 2015

Sitting on the dock

Ok, it might be classified as a bay, but it is a man-made dock here in Copenhagen -- again.

Since my last post we have been to Germany, Sweden's west coast, and two places in Norway.  I guess I should have not been so cheap and paid the $0.75 per minute for internet, but I did log on a few times just to get email.  Posting a blog takes a lot longer, so now I am sitting on the dock,  just off the Eurodam gangway, like many other people who take advantage of the free wifi provided by the port.  Other ports do it as well, but sometimes I found it impossible to log on, and was not prepared to spend too much time trying.

Goteburg is definitely worth another visit as is Oslo.  In both cities we did a very brief overview in a bus of a few hours.  But there were museums, galleries, etc. worthy of exploration that we did not get to see, so this is great to know and plan to come back sometime .

As tomorrow is a very busy day -- off the ship by 4:15 am and catching a flight at 6:45 to connect in Brussels at 10 and be home in Toronto by 12:30, Joan and I elected to stay on board and relax.  It is fascinating to watch all the things that need to be done on the ship.  Today I watched the refueling for the next week and painting on some of the decks.  Also, some of the little life rafts were being checked and having maintenance done.  The logistics on this ship have been remarkable.  I would travel with these people again.  I shake my head when I hear people sitting and complaining.  I don't know what kind of mansion they must live in or the mind-reading staff they must have, but it's not the world that I live in.  I think that everything from the room, to the food, to the service and the entertainment have been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment