Tuesday 29 October 2013

England's green and pleasant land

I still have the chicken stickers on my hand which Clara bestowed on me yesterday.  She is exhuberant and generous and I will miss her and her brother, but there is another little grandchild I will have the delight of spending time with next week.  But I get ahead of myself.

Since flying over the Atlantic for just a week in the Canaries is a bit crazy, I added 5 days of (hopefully) cycling in the English countryside.  (I am looking to get back some of those 8 weeks of cycling that I lost in the summer due to the broken foot.) The storm yesterday bought down many leaves and twigs and left the path that I cycled quite muddy in spots.  But the cycling along the hedgerows and through farms was a totally different side of England from the city I saw last month.

And it truly is a green and pleasant land.

No comments:

Post a Comment