Saturday 28 August 2021

Trying to think of everything

 So I am sitting here at Terminal 3, with my mask on, waiting for the counters for Icelandair to open for my 21:00 flight to Reykjavik.  I  have two huge suitcases, a small backpack, and a piece of art 24 x 30 inches.  I have my passport, my ticket information, my COVID vaccination certificate (hard and soft copies), my Results of Antigen test from this morning, and my health card.  I have done my online checkin but not printing of baggage tags.  I have registered for arriving in Iceland.  I think, I have thought of everything.

It has been 18 months since my last trip -- when we got back from the Azores in February 2020, we were asked if we had been to China.  That seems a lifetime ago, and it is a world-changing pandemic ago.  Only passengers are allowed here in the terminal.  Everyone is masked and seats are kept open to ensure social distancing.  But, I must admit, I have not been severely impacted by COVID.  It has kept me home for more than a year, but I have been healthy, financially secure, and not very inconvenienced by the safety measures.  Mostly, the problems have been in not being able to see other people -- specifically the little people who are so important.  There were two multiple month stretches where we did not see the Toronto kids, and of course, it has now been 20 months since we saw the Swedes.  

Getting back to what we have missed!


No comments:

Post a Comment